Concrete Repair, Restoration and Protection Services
Western Construction Services understands the mechanisms of concrete deterioration and we provide quality solutions to our clients to meet their timelines, expectations and budgets. Our intent is to repair the damage and provide lasting results. Our services include:
Repair & Restoration:
- Traditional and specialized concrete removal and replacement
- Structural & Non-Structural Cast-In-Place Concrete Repair
- Post-tensioned concrete repair
- Precast concrete repair
- Equipment & pump foundation repair
- Sandblasting & shotblasting
- Cinder/concrete block repair
- Fiber-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composite Systems
- Enlargement & Overlay Systems
- Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Systems
- Supplemental Steel Systems
- Epoxy Injection
Solutions for Corrosion and Moisture Control & Prevention:
- Protective coatings
- Architectural coatings
- Expansion joint replacements/systems
- Chemical Grouting (including Urethane)
- Plaza Deck Waterproofing Systems
- Pile/Column Jacketing
- Protective Sealers & Coatings
- Sealant Systems
- Crack Sealing & Repair
- Drainage Systems
- Traffic bearing waterproofing membranes
- Cold applied elastomeric waterproofing system (HLM)
Expansion and contraction due to external weather conditions, age, construction, and water intrusion due to an improper seal are some of the leading causes of a failing balcony structure.
Western Construction Services has performed numerous balcony repairs over the years. We work with our clients to reduce the impact upon tenants and get the job done safely and quickly. Western Construction Services balcony repair and restoration solutions include:
- Railing removal, repair or replacement
- Concrete slab edge repair
- Hollow core precast balcony slabs
- Through slab concrete repair
- Top side delamination repair
- Balcony underside patching and painting
- Balcony membrane repair
- Shear wall concrete repair
- Parging and patch work
- Waterproofing, sealants and membrane systems
Parking Garage Repairs
Parking garages are usually open to the elements which results in severe environmental exposure (especially in Winnipeg!). Additionally, de-icing salts causes corrosion of the reinforcing bars and deterioration of concrete slabs.
The most commonly observed signs of deterioration in parking garages include cracking, spalling, and scaling of concrete; leakage of water through cracks and joints; and ponding of water.
Western Construction Services has extensive experience with parking garage repairs and we work with our customers to minimize downtime and impact to patrons. Our services include:
High Rise Exterior Repairs
High-rise projects can encompass everything from apartments and condominiums to office buildings and industrial structures. Much of the work is performed well above ground and demands special safety considerations, not only for the construction professionals but also for the tenants and the general public.
Western Construction Services works with our clients to get the job done professionally, safely and quickly. Our solutions include:
- Rainscreening (an exterior cladding infrastructure that sits away from a building's outside wall's weather-resistant barrier, creating an air cavity directly behind the cladding that helps to protect the buildings important weather-resistant barrier)
- Stucco cladding (EIFS - Exterior Insulation Finish Systems)
- Building Envelope Repairs & Replacement
- Exterior wall repairs
- Masonry repairs
- Concrete repairs
- Architectural coatings
- Coatings, waterproofing & air barriers
- Window & door replacement
Permanent Roof Anchors
Permanent roof anchors for fall protection are a significant part of fall arrest and restraint systems used during work on commercial buildings. Permanent roof anchors offer a secure safety solution, providing workers and contractors with an anchor point to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Certified anchor points are an essential consideration for your commercial building, eliminating the liability and risk to the owner. Non-certified anchor locations used by stakeholders could cause failure, resulting in potentially dramatic accidents.
In Manitoba, the Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulation requires the owner of a building that is more than five storeys tall must either (a) provide a permanent perimeter guardrail system or provide roof-level protection consisting of continuous parapet or fencing, or a system of lifeline anchors. Buildings with permanent roof anchors must be inspected annually for compliance.
WCSI can address your building’s permanent roof anchor and safety guardrail needs from installation, inspection, and testing.