Western Construction Services offers rewarding career opportunities in the construction industry. We are always interested in employing both highly skilled individuals and enthusiastic people eager to learn new skills. We offer career opportunities in all areas of our business, including operations, project management, and more.
We offer competitive wages, an excellent health and dental plan, an employee assistance program, and an employer matching retirement savings program. If you are interested in working with our team, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Our culture promotes performance and accountability so that we can achieve our goals. We strive to set clear expectations for our people and provide an environment that engages everyone to strive to be the best in our industry.
- Performance - We pursue excellence through setting clear goals and objectives, solid execution of plans and timely tracking of results.
- Accountability - We focus on finding solutions and achieving results and take personal accountability for our actions.
Our values of Safety, Quality, Trust, Teamwork and Growth & Development are incorporated into everything we do.
- Safety - We relentlessly ensure the safety of our people by taking a proactive approach to identifying and preventing safety issues and taking immediate action if issues arise. We also continually seek ways to improve safety performance.
- Quality - We pursue best-in-class quality in our processes, products and services for our customers.
- Trust - We apply honesty and fairness in everything we do.
- Teamwork - We embrace opportunities in a collaborative manner.
- Growth & Development - We encourage growth and development by investing in our people, processes, systems and services to ensure we continue to move forward.
We develop our people so that as the company grows, our employees do too. Some of the opportunities for personal and professional growth that you may enjoy when you become a member of our team include:
- Industry-specific training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Participation in Apprenticeship Manitoba Construction Craft Worker trades qualification
- Formal performance management process
Employee Representative Committee
Western Construction Services provides its team members with an opportunity to voice issues through an employee representation committee (ERC). The primary role of the ERC is to offer ideas and feedback to the management of Western Construction Services and to bring forward the views and interests of team members on the development and implementation of work-related policies and terms and conditions of employment. The ERC also acts as an employee change advocate and serves as an internal communications channel between management and team members regarding work related issues.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of construction-related tasks that may include the restoration and protection of concrete structures, application of corrosion mitigation processes, and assisting other workers with duties specific to a project.
Common job duties may include, but are not limited to: · Chipping concrete · Pouring and patching concrete · Concrete form work · Installing traffic deck membranes and industrial coatings · Installing rebar · Performing epoxy and urethane injections · Operating hand and power tools and equipment to perform work.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications: · 3+ years' related work experience in concrete restoration and corrosion mitigation. · Dedication to working safely. · Willingness to learn and take direction · Ability to perform quick, accurate and careful work. · The ability to safely operate necessary tools and equipment with good manual dexterity · Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
Other requirements: · Some out of town, weekend, evening and/or night shiftwork may be required. · Travel is required. · CSA approved steel-toed work boots.
Benefits include: · Higher than market starting wage (dependent upon qualifications) · Group health and dental benefits · Life insurance · Registered retirement savings plan with employer match · Employee training, development and advancement opportunities within the company