Western Construction Services offers rewarding career opportunities in the construction industry. We are always interested in employing both highly skilled individuals and enthusiastic people eager to learn new skills. We offer career opportunities in all areas of our business, including operations, project management, and more.
We offer competitive wages, an excellent health and dental plan, an employee assistance program, and an employer matching retirement savings program. If you are interested in working with our team, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Our culture promotes performance and accountability so that we can achieve our goals. We strive to set clear expectations for our people and provide an environment that engages everyone to strive to be the best in our industry.
- Performance - We pursue excellence through setting clear goals and objectives, solid execution of plans and timely tracking of results.
- Accountability - We focus on finding solutions and achieving results and take personal accountability for our actions.
Our values of Safety, Quality, Trust, Teamwork and Growth & Development are incorporated into everything we do.
- Safety - We relentlessly ensure the safety of our people by taking a proactive approach to identifying and preventing safety issues and taking immediate action if issues arise. We also continually seek ways to improve safety performance.
- Quality - We pursue best-in-class quality in our processes, products and services for our customers.
- Trust - We apply honesty and fairness in everything we do.
- Teamwork - We embrace opportunities in a collaborative manner.
- Growth & Development - We encourage growth and development by investing in our people, processes, systems and services to ensure we continue to move forward.
We develop our people so that as the company grows, our employees do too. Some of the opportunities for personal and professional growth that you may enjoy when you become a member of our team include:
- Industry-specific training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Participation in Apprenticeship Manitoba Construction Craft Worker trades qualification
- Formal performance management process
Employee Representative Committee
Western Construction Services provides its team members with an opportunity to voice issues through an employee representation committee (ERC). The primary role of the ERC is to offer ideas and feedback to the management of Western Construction Services and to bring forward the views and interests of team members on the development and implementation of work-related policies and terms and conditions of employment. The ERC also acts as an employee change advocate and serves as an internal communications channel between management and team members regarding work related issues.
We're looking to add an Estimator/Project Manager to join our team.
Coming from a strong estimating and business development background, youmust have the ability to:
- Review, understand and evaluate tender documents and drawings, visualize the work entailed, and prepare a detailed plan to execute work in an efficient manner
- Understand the bid preparation process, including quantity take-off and closing procedures
- Identify risks associated with contract documents
- Adeptly calculate material, labour and equipment and to analyze quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Multitask, manage and meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Prepare schedules and track progress
- Establish strong working relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and employees
- Conduct all activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees, trades, clients and visitors to any WCSI jobsite or location.
You should also possess:
- Highly effective negotiation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Project) software
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing
- The ability to read and understand construction drawings, purchase orders, and contracts
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- A high sense of urgency, while maintaining maximum accuracy
- A college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or a university degree in Engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and related experience
- A minimum of 3 years estimating and project management experience, ideally within the concrete restoration or related construction industry.
- A valid drivers’ license
Come join an industry leader, with a friendly, diverse and challenging work environment, with opportunity for growth and professional development. This full-time position offers a competitive salary package, which includes an annual bonus (the focus of which is to reward profitability, personal performance and teamwork), matching retirement contribution, and comprehensive health care coverage. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your background matches the experience required, please send your resume and cover letter to Monique Rajotte, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.